Saturday, October 11, 2008

First meals

I wonder if I should wait for start of school to being posting pictures of food from this stage of my life.  I guess not.  Well, I haven't broke the brand new kitchen in yet in my apartment, but I've been fixing some tapas dinner at home lately.  All you need, a loaf of good bread, the baguette rustique available at Carrefour is good (!), some cheese (oh my god, I bought a round of camembert made with unpasteurised milk from selected dairy farms in France, quality product of course! and it really stinks! I finished half of it already - in 1 week - it tastes excellent by the way, if you're curious, and no, I did not get sick), so, good cheese, some sausages (you're able to get real chorizo sausages and jamon from Spain, which is only recently made available in SG), a bowl of fresh salad, and a glass of wine.  I had some olives the other day too, but absent from the platter today as pictured below:



When I started chopping the flat leaf Italian parsley, the familiar sounds of knife on wood came back to me like a wave, unbelievable!  Can't wait to get started after the orientation on 17th Oct!


1 comment:

Bee said...

I was at this little waterhole called Creperie Des Art at Prinsep Street for dinner today. They do really good buckwheat gillettes and sweet crepes. The apple cider was super.

And I thought of you immediately!! If you were in Singapore, I would have said that we do brunch there one weekend!