Tuesday, October 21, 2008

LCB first week - Cuisine







Ok, here they are!

I finally got my charger back Mac
 shop in BKK, and I've the chance to upload the creations of
 the past 2 days.  I'll come back to add in more details later.

Day 1:  Different cuts.
Classic and modern way of cutting veg.  Very impt to get regular shapes and thickness.  Why, because they will have differen
t cooking time.  
You will burn some whil
e others might be undercooked.

Potage Cultivateur (Rustic Vegetable Soup)
Well, throw in some cut veg and bacon and boil, simple as that!  Maybe not!  

Day 2:  Making brown veal stock and fish stock, out of which, we'll make Filet de Merlan Sauce Bercy, whiting filet with Bercy sauce.

The brown veal stock needs some hours to boil down, so we'll see the end product tmw.  Here's a picture of the finished fish stock.  Stocks are the foundation of French cuisine, instead of using plain old water to cook food, stocks can add a multi layered dimensions to a dish.  A lot of sauces (which French cuisine is famous for) spring from the basic stocks.













Here's the picture of the fish filets, I tasted them, and so fine!  I'll made a replicate of this dish in my practical class and the chef-in-charge tasted it and liked it!   Sorry, my fish looks a little 











Next day, we learnt how to make chicken rice and omelette.  No kidding!  Except it is French Chicken Rice.  It's poached chicken in supreme sauce, rice cooked in chicken stock, and a cheese souffle.  My souffle had too much cheese in it and it's a bit too brown on top (which burns easily in the oven).  This photo was what the chef did.



No comments: